welcome to my blog

welcome to my blog. grab a cuppa, make yourself comfy and i hope you enjoy looking at my creations.

Thursday 30 September 2010

A sad reason for a card.

Hya,

How is your week going? Mines abit busy at work, nothing new there then. Just another sign of how things are going in the nhs.

I have finally got over the regional training on Friday but i am trying to think of some ideas to make swaps for convention. I thought i would show you some of my swaps that i recieved on friday. There are alot of talented people around. It was abit like christmas, looking through all my lovely goodies the next day.



I thought i would show you a card that i made. I can't say it was a joy to make as it was for a sad occasion. My friend has had a bereavement at the week end and i just wanted to show her that i am thinking about her and her family at such a sad time.

I have used some card stock that is retiring but it really worked colour wise for me. The base is Close to Cocoa with Pink Passion layered on top. The stampset used is Whimsical Wings stamped with Soft Suede ink and stamped on to Whisper White card stock. I have decoupaged the bird with a Pink Passion bird and then the wing is layered again on top. The ribbon which is Rose Red Double Stitched, is fastened on with a lovely jewel brad from the pretties kit, which is retiring, boo. It's hard to see the greeting, it just says 'Sending you Hugs' which is from a non s u set stamped in white.

Well that's it for now. Have a good rest of the week.

Lynda.x

No comments:

Post a Comment