welcome to my blog

welcome to my blog. grab a cuppa, make yourself comfy and i hope you enjoy looking at my creations.

Sunday 15 August 2010

Wedding card

Hya,

Oh my goodness, where does the time go? I can't believe the weekend has come around so quickly. I'm sorry i haven't posted mid week I just seem to have been chasing my tail. I have had a few orders that have needed my attention this week.

I do have a card to show you. A friend of mine went on holiday to Las Vegas last week. While she was there her partner proposed to her and they got married whilst they were there. All totally unexpected. How amazing is that. So I had seen a card on Vicki's blog-Blue Jelly (thanks for the idea vicki) that is just perfect for what i needed for the happy couple.

This is my version,





I have used the colour Pale Plum ink that has been brayered on to the Bridesmaid Speciality Papers. I then layered the papers on to Whisper White. I then stamped the Mr & Mrs with the stamp set Mr and Mrs. I know, that sounded gibberish.! I don't know if you can tell but the & has been embosed in silver. The ribbon used is the gorgeous Whisper White with some Elegant Eggplant ribbon for a contrasting colour. The pin is from the Pretties Kit with the beads to finish it off.

Here is a side view so that you can see the embossing. That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

Lynda.x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the colours !
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda - love the card especially the colour combo. I think I'll have to "borrow" the braying technique over the bridesmaid's speciality paper!
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete