welcome to my blog

welcome to my blog. grab a cuppa, make yourself comfy and i hope you enjoy looking at my creations.

Sunday 20 June 2010

Fathers Day

Hya,

Happy fathers day. Is all ok?
I wanted to share with you something that happened to Lauren and I yesturday. We went into Leeds market to get a few bits and pieces like you do. I was engrossed on a friut stall checking out some lovely strawberries when Lauren said ' Mum, there is a potato with a smiley face'. When i looked up there was a pile of new potatoes and right at the very top was a potato that looked like it was smiling. She eventually convinced me to ask the stallholder if we could buy it. After explaining why we only wanted one perticular potato, the stallholder packed the potato for Lauren and gave her it as a present for making his day and putting a big smile on his face. Now all i can say is that Lauren has protected the now named Peter Potato and he now has pride of place on our mantle. Everyone who has seen said potato and photo has had a good chuckle.
So, here is a photo of Peter with a shirt that was made at Julies Jems training night.


And now for me to show you a card that has been made for fathers day. Julie, my Stampin' Up mum showed us how to make these shirts to go on cards for men. This card has been made with some of my favourite colours Taken with Teal and Choc Chip. I will be sad to see Taken with Teal go when it retires soon. The ribbon is the Soft Suede polka dots. I have punched the greeting using the Oval Punch and the Scalloped Oval Punch.

Well i hope this has made you smile as much as it made us smile. Have a good week.

Lynda.x

1 comment: